Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Watermelon

So I just arrived home from student council summer camp in San Marcos yesterday, and I have to say it was a complete blast!
It was 70's themed, I met so many new and amazing people, and honestly there was a point almost every day we were there that I cried because we shared so many personal stories and things like that. (you can search for me on Facebook, Briana Ellsworth, if you would like to see photos.)
We also went shopping at the fantastic outlet mall where I did something I never thought I could - I only bought one thing! Well, okay two if you count an incense burner.
I found out that the New York trip Sierra's family planned is a yes and we've bought tickets and made hotel reservations. So I am trying to save every last penny for that. I'm even going to have a garage sale in the very near future, so that's exciting.

Anyway enough about me!
The other day while at the gym, Sierra and I stumbled upon a Seventeen magazine from 1998.

Look how young Tyra is! I like that haircut on her.
And Jen Aniston has seriously aged so gracefully, because she looks almost exactly the same as she did nearly 10 years ago! She is so great.
Looking at the clothing was such a blast from the past. There was denim, cute little plastic accessories, platform flip flops and the like!
Okay and here is my outfit today:
Calvin Klein blazer (my one clothing purchase at the outlets,)
Ralph Lauren white v-neck,
Silence & Noise jeans,
and not seen in this photo: black patent Michelle D flats,
vintage ring (or maybe I had taken that off in this photo. Whoops.)
And, a delicious slice of this yummy watermelon that our neighbors gave us. Which reminded me of these adorable sneakers by Keep at Urban Outfitters.


I am in one of those workaholic modes at the moment, and I am going to go back to all of this scrapbooking and doing homework and preparing for the garage sale!

No comments:

Post a Comment